Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wk 4 Response to Alicia


Alicia Wrote:

In reading through the final chapters of The Art of Possibility, it was something written in the final pages that seemed to sum up everything for me. The authors wrote "choose the practices that express yourself." This seems to incorporate each aspect of the book, each chapter, and combine it into one simple answer. An answer that many of us probably already know. That we need to chose what works for us.

That simple statement can be true in many different instances. We have to find the theory, the plan, the style that works for us. We cannot do things simply because someone else has done it that way. We can not be held accountable to something that may work for you, because it just might not be what is best for me. In those simple lines, "choose the practices that express yourself," I have been given the freedom to take and use what I can. The author seems to recognize the individuality in each of us. In removing the stress of having to try everything, I have been given the power to know and understand myself.

My response:

It's all about perspective...
Isn't this a great way to finish our Full Sail journey?  Throughout this year we have been trying to equip ourselves with new tools and see ourselves in a different light.  Now we come to the end and get a book that tells us, it's okay to be different, it's okay to find what works for you...

I think this also is the paradox that is the current trend of education.  The powers to be try to stick all of us in one box, with one program/theory that is supposed to be the solution to all of the problems.  Obviously this is a problem because we are not all alike...we have different strengths/weaknesses.  How do we solve this??  I'm afraid I have no idea... 

No comments:

Post a Comment