Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wk 2 Response to Jen Selix

unique.
Photo belongs to kelsey_lovefusionphoto   
Jen wrote:

As I began the exciting journey of reading, The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life, by Rosamond Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander, I felt more than a little giddy. I had that wonderful buzz in my brain stomach that often comes with encountering something new and exciting. It reminded me of the moment in childhood, when I discovered the secret code behind Pig Latin.
While I’ve read and studied before on the psychology of the mind, philosophy, and thinking outside of the proverbial box, the humdrum of daily life makes it all too easy to fall back into the rhythm of monotony and limited perception. My brain seems to like life inside the box an awful lot. I assume because it is easy to stay within the lines and avoid the greater challenge of enlightenment.
However, there is nothing more exciting for me, than to be reminded of the infinite possibilities that life has to offer. The concept that, “It’s all invented” and that our perception of reality is what we allow ourselves to see and believe, it priceless. If I could only convince my brain to keep that concept on the forefront, to truly think about life as I live it, I believe that I could achieve astounding things.
More soon,
Jen

My response:
Jen,

Sometimes I question whether it is because of daily life that we go back into the box, or if it's because that is where we are taught to be.  Often times when you go against that proverbial "plane", you are ridiculed or some how persuaded to return to the norm.  It is often under this pressure that we conform.  This EMDT journey has taught me that there are lots of us outside that box and that it's okay to stay there...now we have a network of people for support!!

Looking forward to the wonderful things you will accomplish!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment