Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wk 3 Response to Daniela

What's your passion?
Microsoft Clip Art Gallery

Daniela wrote:

While reading the Art of Possibility I kept thinking the book was talking directly to me…corny I know! I have been having a difficult time reaching my new class this school year, they are unmotivated to learn and unwilling to take responsibility for their actions. I have attempted just about everything I have up my sleeve. I have had to take a step back and re-analyze my job. As I was reading the statement “how much greatness are we will to grant?” (p. 73). It is my job to inspire and bring out the best qualities these kids have, as the book said I am going to have to speak to their passions. I am going to have make connection with them. These chapters made me feel like I can still go in a make a difference. I have been feeling a little defeated and needed something to give me inspirations. I think this was it. I am looking forward to making a change!


My response:

Daniela,

I have been there with the class that seems so hard to reach.  It is not a great place to be.  I think that you have the right idea in thinking about seeing what they are passionate about.  Sometimes it is hard to find passion in the uninspired, but once you do that you will have them for life.  My advice, sit back...take a deep breath...and listen to them as they talk...their passion will reveal itself to you!

Heather

PS:  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this book was written for them.  It is such an awesome feeling to find a book that speaks to you!  I've been reading excerpts to anyone that will listen to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment