Thursday, February 17, 2011

PE4_Glogster

This week we were given the assignment to add a web 2.0 tool to our learning environment to create a Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenario.  You could add the tool to an existing lesson plan or create a new one.

I have decided to add Glogster to one of my upcoming units.  We are studying plant and animal adaptations and I thought that having them incorporate a Glogster interactive poster would be a great addition to this unit.  Each student will get their own plant or animal to study during the week, create a Glogster product, and then share their product at the end of the mini unit.  I should mention that I teach 5th grade Science.

I showed the students the site yesterday and they LOVED it!  They were so excited to be able to get on the computer and start creating.  I know that I am going to get the quality projects I desire from most of my students now, judging by their motivation.

I can't wait to see the final products!  I haven't seen my students so excited and motivated for a project in quite some time.

Check back later in the week for my "final product" on the camel and for updates about how my students are enjoying their experience.

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment