Saturday, February 12, 2011

PE1_iMovie

Let's Get Started!
This week our task was to learn all of the major features of iMovie through Lynda.com.  I have watched excerpts of this training as I have needed them previously, but this will be the first time I sit down and go through the entire course.  I am excited to learn all about how I can make my movies appear more professional!

First we learn how to import our video/photo files.  We were taught how to import from memory based cameras as well as tape cameras (which I found interesting as tape cameras are becoming more obsolete).  You also have the option of importing from the camera on your Macbook Pro (where you can film the video right then and subsequently import).



After we have imported our video, we are taught how to manage our video library.


Here we learn the basics of navigating though our library.  The new knowledge I learned here was how to merge and split events.  I had imported several videos on the same day, and not all were related.  This section taught me how to split the event into two distinct sections so that I would have an easier time working with the clips.  I didn't realize it was as easy as a few clicks!!


I also learned how to mark favorite clips or discard clips.  When I looked in my library, I realized that I had a lot of rejected clips taking up space.  Now I know how to move them to the system trash and save room for all the new clips I am importing or will be importing.


Here you can see that in this section alone, I had a little over 9 minutes of rejected clips.

This brings me to the end of my first blog on iMovie.  In the next blog we will begin playing with the great features iMovie has to offer!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment